In this chapel there are frescos from the 16th century dedicated to the Holy Shroud, which bear witness to the passage of this Sacred Linen through the Ala Valley during its secret transport in
1535 from Chambery to Turin.
They are the most ancient frescos in Piedmont and show the first representation of an official ostension of the Holy Shroud.
They are not only religious paintings but also commemorate a historical event when the Holy Shroud stayed in this chapel in 1535, according to the wish of Carlo III, in order to avoid the risk
that it fell into the hands of the French, who were about to invade Savoy and also to avoid being destroyed by Calvinists, who were fiercely against all religious relics.
In 1910 the frescos were declared ‘A valuable monument to art and history’.