The church was rebuilt in 1591 and has a Neogothic style after restructuring in the 19th century.
The bell tower, also in Neogothic style, dates from 1872-1885.
The church has three naves and, inside, frescos can be seen on the vaulted ceiling, on the central dome and in the side naves.
The gilded pulpit and the organ with more than a thousand pipes are also important.
A group of wooden statues representing Saint Peter in prison with the liberating angel and the sleeping guard are still carried through the streets of Lanzo Torinese in 1st August, the day of the Festival of the Patron Saint.