The first document that mentions this church dates back to 1011, in which the Bishop of Turin confirms the donation of the church to the monastry of Saint Solutore.
Over the centuries the Parish church has undergone many transformations. Starting in 1781, work was done to bring the church to its present dimensions. The square in front of the church and flight of steps date from this same period. Important restauration work has been done in the church recently, both on the inside and outside. With its frescoes and paintings, its organ and baroque furniture, and the particular form of some of the side chapels, it is a real treasure chest. With its three naves, it is the biggest church in the Valleys of Lanzo.
An important element is the Cross of Stefano Maria Clemente (Turin 1719-1774) which arrived from the Pecetto Hermitage when it was closed during the napoleonic period. Another is the altar of the Madonna of the Rosary with an altarpiece painted in 1869 by Giovanni Battista Fino (Turin 1820-1898)