Villa Franchetti is the most sumptuous residence of Viù and its park, which once covered most of the hill above the town, still offers a shady walk today.It is a private property so it is open to the public only on special occasions. It is the most significant construction built in the period of the greatest splendor of summer vacations in the valley.
It was built in 1861 for the Baron Raimondo Franchetti, who stayed there for long periods with his wife Sara Luisa Rothschild. Inspired by the model of Swiss chalets, the building is characterized by a long, sloping roof, a wooden balcony and a double flight of steps giving access to the park.
The Villa has been restored recently, respecting completely the original form and decorations.
The park houses the municipal collection of contemporary sculpture. Seven marble plaques were commissioned in 2007 for as many Italian artists: Mario Gallina, Gianni Busso, Gabriele Garbolino Ru, Daniele Miola, Firenze Poggi, Vito Quagliotti and Christian Zucconi.